Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Well, it's not Downs Syndrome

The doctor's office called today at 2:56pm. I was hesitant to even pick up my cell phone when I saw the number. Melanie, Dr. Briery's nurse said just this "I got your results back for the Trisomy 13, 18 and 21 and its none of the above." My first instinct, sigh of relief. The skeletal dysplasia tests are now being sent off to the genetics lab and those take another 2-3 weeks. I now feel as if I can truly begin to prepare for Dwarfism, or skeletal dysplasia's. I am comforted to know that Cole's cognitive abilities should be normal, pending that the dwarfism tests are the good kinds, such as achondroplaisia, etc like the people we see on Little People Big World, etc. who have only physical impairments, not mental ones.

Good is good and I feel as if I have 2 weeks or so now to breathe again. Thank you for the kind words of encouragement and support.

3 comments:

  1. Lindsay,

    I have been praying and praying for your family. God is good! Will continue to send prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the positive attitude! Looking forward to the shower tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to hear your good news. I remember that sigh of relief when we found out that Simon did not have Downs Syndrome or Spina Bifida. We'll keep you in our prayers that you get good test results in 2-3 weeks too. Sending hugs . . . waiting can be tough!

    ReplyDelete