Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Sundays...a little different here lately...


Me, Courtney Webb, and Lauren Webb


I don't know what Randal was doing but here we all are!

My awesome husband-the cutest guy ever!


My precious baby boy Cole Edward Dean! Already screaming at Mommy!


My Sundays are full of church, family, outdoors, and a stomach full of nerves...
I know it's been way to long. I just have been living such a strange life over these past 3 weeks. We were given the "it will take 2-3 weeks for your results to come back" 3 weeks ago and so each day is more than a ball of nerves. I wish I had someone I could talk to that lived right here in Shreveport that know what it was like to be carring a child inside of you that you know was somthing wrong with him, but not what it will be. To not know what the rest of your life will be like. Here's what my days look like...wake up and get Parker up, fed, and ready for school. I take him to school and head to work and each and every time my cell phone rings, I get a sick pit in the bottom of my stomach just knowing its going to be my perinatologist. Here's what he said, "if it's me calling, its' not good news, but if its a nurse, it's probably ok..." OK so I don't know how I feel about that...
But anyways, that's what I have been doing for 3 weeks-waiting. Waiting to hear if they will be able to tell from my amniocentisis whether my son has Achondroplasia, the most common form of dwarfism, or TD, thanataphoric dysplasia, a lethal form of dwarfism where most babies don't make it past the first few minutes, hours or days of life. I was told our form did not look lethal, so I am clinging to that-and clinging to what I feel-plenty of healthy little kicks, pokes, etc.

So those are the 2 things they tested for and if it's neither, well there are another 250+ things that it could be, from another skeletal dysplasia, to a chromosomal syndrome which could be ANYTHING! So last Monday, I was told I may just have to deliver and wait and see. Do these doctors have any idea how difficult it is to tell someone that?

Well in the meantime, Relay For Life of Shreveport and Bossier have both come and gone. Caddo Parish is still about $30,000 short of making their goal of $120,000 but Bossier Parish surpassed their goal with flying colors and raised over $80,000 for the American Cancer Society. I am so lucky that I love my job. It's also been such a blessing in these past few weeks. I get to see the difference my events are tryuly making in the lives of local cancer patients and their families and it constantly reminds me that no matter what is wrong with Cole, that I am bringing life into this world as so many others are losing it.
Now it's time to start preparing for my husbands 30th birthday surprise party next weekend! We will be having a big outdoor crawfish boil at our house. I have to start thinking about what I am making, getting a cake made, tables/chairs/etc! (I think he already knows :() I will post again tomorrow night after I hope we hear SOMETHING! Here are our latest US pics as well as some fun pics of us and the Webb's at the ranch party down the street! Keep us and baby Cole in your prayers tonight as wel await these long overdue results.










3 comments:

  1. You don't know me from Adam, but I couldn't click away from your blog without leaving a comment. I'm not sure how I landed here. I was googling to find out what movie Jennifer Garner was producing in S'port, where my husband and I lived while he was attending medical school (and I worked for the American Cancer Society). Anyway, my heart goes out to you. I remember waiting in agony for amnio results on my son, so I know exactly how you feel. My son had two choroid plexus cysts in his brain which were discovered during an ultra sound and I was told he might have one of several genetic anomalies. My stomach dropped and my mind began to race and honestly, I felt like I was digesting my insides for the next few weeks until I heard the news. My amnio results were normal, however, some of my friends have had amnio results that let them know their lives would be forever different. What I want you to know is that it will be ok, regardless of the amnio results. You can do this. We have an idea of what we think our lives will be like but the truth is sometimes our lives can and do turn out to be much bigger and greater than we can imagine. You have no idea how strong you are. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, the pictures of Cole are so precious. You all are in our prayers. Please take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting is always so tough, especially when the wait goes beyond the expected time frame. Hang in there! We are keeping you in our prayers! If you ever need to talk (e-mail or phone), I'd be happy to listen and share our stories! Those are such sweet pictures of your adorable baby boy!
    It sounds like you have a very rewarding job! Have fun this weekend! I hope your husband is surprised!

    ReplyDelete