Thursday, April 14, 2011

One week on the job!


Today marks my one week anniversary as the new Executive Director of Susan G. Komen For The Cure! Things have been great in the past week. I have met so many wonderful volunteers and I look forward to being a part of the fight to end breast cancer!

Speaking of breast cancer, Bryan's mom is in the fight of her life. After some horrible news about her cancer metasticizing to her brain, and two weeks of grueling radiation to the brain, she had another setback yesterday. She became really dehydrated and sick from all of her medications and the radiation, and was admitted to the hospital. She had some really great care while she was there as a long time employee of WK and was sent home yesterday. The new job is so flexible and for that I am so fortunate to be able to leave early, help them with laundry, groceries, etc. Please take a moment to say a prayer for her health and comfort and the strength of my husband in these times. I HATE cancer, and I know everyone does, but it has taken so many people from me already and I hate to let it win...

Parker and Cole are rocking and rolling! I can't wait for easter to take some great pictures of them all decked out! Here are a few I took of Cole in front of the Azalea's next door!



Parker scored in the 68th percentile on average on his speech test so he is really improving. This morning in the car on the way to school, he said "mommy, it's raining..." to most, that wouldn't be a big deal but it still completely catches me off guard to hear my BABY just talk to me like a grown up...using real sentences...sigh......Cole, well he's another story! God love him, but he is the laziest sole I have ever met. He has come to the realization that mommy and daddy WILL do everything for me, so why put out the effort when I have them! He is on the verge of crawling, but won't take the plunge...it's that one leg he won't take the weight off of for fear of face planting! He doesn't sit up in his crib, pull up on the sides, he just lays there in the morning's and waits for one of us to come get him!!! Lazy bones! But he is perfect, beautiful, healthy, and sweetest most loving child ever...I think we totally disproved the theory that the second child will do everything faster because he wants to keep up with his big brother :)Here are a few recent pics of the boys...we think it's really funny to catch them in their sleep!





We can't forget about Elmo, and Sesame Street Live! We lucked out at the last minute and scored some front row seats and backstage passes from a friend, and decided on a Parker and Mommy night out! We had a GREAT time, well...I had a great time. It started with the Bert & Ernie meet and greet. He wasn't so fond of them. The all of the characters in the show come down and constantly shake and dance with all of the kids on the front row! Well, Mr. Parker did NOT like this at all. He stayed in my lap 99% of the show but I think overall he enjoyed it!!!

2 comments:

  1. you should post more often! i love knowing what's happening in your life and seeing your precious boys. i'm so sorry to hear about brian's mother. i will be praying for her and for y'all as well. congrats on your new job too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep your family in my prayers! The boys are so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete