Monday, May 31, 2010

Cole Edward Dean






CAN YOU BELIEVE ITS TAKEN ME TWO WEEKS TO MAKE A POST?

I am so excited to finally have the time to share our newest addition to our family, Cole Edward Dean. He was born May 17th, 1:03pm weighing in at 6 pounds 12 ounces and 19.5 inches long. After the most emotionally exhausting last 3 months of our lives, we are so thankful for the miracle of Cole. He seems to have no signs of skeletal dysplasia or chromosomal disorders like predicted at 7 months pregnant. Our pediatrician doesn't even think there is any reason to do a skeletal survey as planned to make a diagnosis, he's just PERFECT! I stayed in the hospital for 4 days because I had so much pain from the c section, but we got to go home on thursday the 20th! It's now been two weeks at home with Cole and things are beautiful, interesting, crazy, hectic, and wonderfully great. He sleeps for 4-5 hours at night so I wake up to breastfeed every 4 hours or so. It's not so bad, I think I am finally getting used to it. Parker-now that's another story. I don't know if this is normal, but I am sure it is. He is MEGA JEALOUS!!! More so of daddy holding baby Cole than me. He will throw the remote at him, swat at him, pull his hair, etc. but there are also sweet moments like today when he woke up from his nap and the first thing he did was give baby Cole a kiss on his forehead. We are just adjusting day by day. We even had Hayden this weekend, so I think Bryan was a little overwhelmed with all 3 of his boys in the same house!

On Saturday, the sister in law and brother and law and their kids came over and we swam, fried fish, and had a great memorial day celebration...Cole slept in his bouncer in the window while mommy and daddy played in the pool with our new water baby Parker! Yes, he lovesssss the water, and is a lot more brave than I anticipated! So here are a few pics of the newest miracle to our family. I just want to say thank you to all of the supportive friends I have met through the Parents of Little People support group and I want all of you to know that you made these last few months so much more manageable than if I would have had to go through this alone. I will forever be changed for the better by all of your kind words and encouragement and never will I forget what we have gone through. Cole is a miracle to our family and each time I look at him I remember the rollercoaster of emotions we experienced and the joy I feel to have him here with us happy and healthy!



2 comments:

  1. i've been waiting to hear from you! i'm so happy for y'all and glad to hear that you're adjusting well to 2. cole is just adorable and he's a good baby too...sleeping 4-5 hrs at night is such a blessing for a BF baby :-) take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Cole is beautiful and perfect!! I'm so happy to hear your great news! You have a beautiful family! I'm sure Parker will adjust to sharing the attention soon! Time passes even more quickly with two little ones . . . enjoy every moment! :)

    ReplyDelete